59 The Promenade Portstewart BT55 7AF
Letting Agents in Portstewart

Property Letting Services

We offer a range of property services for both Landlords and Tenants covering Portrush, Portstewart and the wider North Coast area.



We will undertake the following:

  • Inspect the property and advise on any matters relevant to the suitability for letting
  • Advertise the property to let in our brochure and on our website, both of which are updated weekly
  • Prepare a lease
  • Obtain a Guarantor where appropriate
  • Obtain a credit reference on the tenant, if requested (current cost £40 per tenant)
  • Complete any claim forms in respect of Housing Benefit claim
  • Collect a deposit along with the first month's rent
  • Provide a statement of initial income and expenditure


In addition to the Tenant Find service we will undertake the following:

  • Provide a monthly statement of rent collected plus any credits and less any expenses
  • Deal with maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors or such other contractor as the Landlord may specify
  • Deal with ongoing Landlord/ Tenant issues throughout the Tenancy duration
  • Periodic inspection to ensure compliance with lease terms
  • Processing of Tenant applications for housing benefit, etc.
  • Follow up of Tenant arrears
  • Assisting Landlords with regard to processing buildings/ contents/ indemnity insurance cover


  • We will liaise with the Landlord prior to the commencement of the Tenancy in respect of the desired method of receiving rent, i.e. personal collection (by the Landlord)/ standing order/ cheque/ cash
  • Unless otherwise agreed, the rent quoted to a tenant by us on the Landlord's behalf would be inclusive of all outgoings for which the Landlord is responsible, i.e. water rates, ground rent, service charges, domestic property rates, etc. With the exception of holiday lets, the tenant would normally be responsible for gas, electricity, telephone and central heating oil


We are not Inventory Clerks. We can however conduct a Statement of Condition and Inventory of Furnishings on your behalf. Whilst every care will be taken in preparing same, we cannot accept liability for any error or omission on our part. A charge of £75 + VAT will be made for this service.

Tenancy Agreement


Unless otherwise instructed, we will use our standard Tenancy Agreement for all lettings.



It is the Landlord's responsibility to ensure that any rental property complies with current safety regulations. Further information and advice on current safety regulations is available on request.

Multiple Occupation


If you intend letting your property to students, or to more than 2 persons who are not members of the same family, then such property must be registered with the Housing Executive's scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs). Further information on this registration scheme is available from the NI Housing Executive or from our office.

Summer / Tourist Rentals


If you intend letting your property as self-catering tourist accommodation, you must have an appropriate Northern Ireland Tourist Board Certificate. Further information is available from the NI Tourist Board or from our office.



Present banking arrangements are such that it is necessary for us to allow 7 days for a cheque to clear before transferring monies to clients' accounts. No cheque will be payable to a Landlord until we hold cleared funds for Tenants. We have now (Oct 2007) a new BACS payment system. Please download a Landlord info form and return to us to be paid directly into your bank account.



It is the Landlord's responsibility to ensure that their property is fully and adequately insured for the purpose for which it is used, including third party cover. We have details of competitive insurance policies currently on the market which can be provided on request.

Instruction to Solicitors


If it is necessary for a solicitor to take action due to rent arrears or breach of covenant, the Landlord will be responsible for instructing his own Solicitor and for all fees involved.



It will be the Landlord's responsibility to indemnify us as Agents against any costs, expenses or liabilities incurred on his behalf and in pursuit of our normal duties.



If you live abroad or are intending to live abroad, please note that in accordance with Inland Revenue Regulations regarding income received by owners of rented property you are required to complete form NRLI. In the event of us not receiving confirmation of exception from Inland Revenue, we must deduct tax from all rentals collected on your property.